FREE Muscle Building Program
Gain Muscle, Burn Fat And Increase Strength!
Enter your first name and a valid email address for free instant access to these muscle building workouts.
All bodybuilders know very well about the value of eating chicken for two reasons. The first is the amount of calories that you get if the skin is removed and it is not fried. But more important is the amount of protein that you get. For a 4 oz chicken breast you will only consume 100 calories while getting 22 grams of protein.
The following recipes below may help to give you inspiration on adding some chicken meals to your diet that will help to increase your rate of repair from your intense workouts that you do. Please note that the value of your meal is directly related to the way that the food is prepared.
The recipe below includes chickpeas which is a healthy food packed with all the essential micronutrients that will greatly add to your nutritional value and your ability to repair. Included is the simple preparation, which you will note does not have anything fried in order to save calories.
1 cup thinly sliced Celery
3/4 cup diced Carrot
1/2 cup chopped Onion
5 large Mushrooms, diced
1 medium Sweet Potato, sliced
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
4 cups Low-sodium Chicken Broth
3 cups Low-sodium Tomato Sauce
1 cup canned Chickpeas
1.5 cups Wild Rice (cooked measure)
16 oz. boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
1. Heat a large casserole dish or pot over medium heat.
2. Spray dish lightly with cooking spray and add carrot, onion, sweet potatoes, and mushrooms.
3. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
4. Add in garlic and cook for 30 more seconds, stirring constantly.
5. Add the broth, tomato sauce, and chickpeas.
6. Reduce to low heat and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Add in the chicken, and cook for 5-10 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
8. Serve immediately.
The next chicken recipe is something that you can try which can feed you a big meal giving you plenty of protein with calories that will be less than 350 per serving.
Glazed Chinese Chicken with Brown Rice
2 Cups Brown Rice
4 Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Orange Marmalade
1 Cup Asian Sesame Salad Dressing
2 Tablespoons Plus 1/4 Cup Diet Cola
1. Pre-heat grill and cook rice on stove top as directed on package. Mix marmalade, dressing, and diet cola in a sauce pan and heat over low heat.
For more great recipes checkout the Muscle Cookbook
Disclaimer: This information is for entertainment purposes only. We strongly recommend that you consult a physician before beginning any exercise program. MuscleNet.com is not a licensed medical care provider. The reader should understand that participating in any exercise program can result in physical injury and agrees to do so at his own risk. The findings and opinions of authors expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of MuscleNet.com.